For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Fun Active Limited of Leigh House, 28-32 St Paul’s Street, Leeds, LS1 2JT.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Emma Lowe who can be contacted at email@example.com.
- The types of information we may gather during your visit to the Website and when you use our services;
- The types of information we may gather about you from third parties;
- Why we gather your information;
- How we might use your personal information; and
- How you can manage your personal information.
Information We May Collect
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, subscribe to our services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website, enter a competition, promotion or surveys and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, age, date of birth, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Website we may collect the following information. This information does not identify you individually but may include information about your visit, including your IP address, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, software crash reports, search terms and search results.
- Photographs. We take a variety of photographs and recordings at our events. Most of these photographs and recordings will be of large groups of attendees and will not contain identifiable individuals. To the extent that we photograph or record smaller groups or individuals that are identifiable we will ensure that you are aware of this. Please let us know if you do not want us to take a picture or recording of you or any children you are responsible for.
No Information Collected From Children
The Website is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age nor do we knowingly correspond in any manner with children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age you should not use the Website and under no circumstances should you send information about yourself to us. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information we will delete the child’s information from our systems and cease any further communications with the child.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us directly or through Eventbrite. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you in this way, or pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, if you have ticked the relevant box situated on the form on which we or Eventbrite collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Photographs. We will publish photographs and recordings of our events on our Website, social media pages and in other marketing and publicity materials. We do not publish personal information such as name or age alongside photographs.
Disclosure of Your Information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, in aggregate form. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users and event participants (for example, we may inform them that 500 boys aged under 15 participated in a given event in a specific geographical area;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Eventbrite for the purpose of providing you with our services;
- a prospective buyer or seller of our business or any assets, in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets;
- to protect the personal safety, wellbeing and health of you or a child who is using our Website, or participating in a Fun Active Limited event or any of our other services, including in an emergency situation.
Where We Store Your Personal Data and Security
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect and safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to Other Websites
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You can make a “subject access request” by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any such request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We will take all reasonable steps to retain your information for only as long as is reasonably necessary. You may also ask that any information about you be removed or corrected by contacting us at email@example.com. This includes the removal of any photographs or recordings of you or your child from our Website, social media pages or other publicity material.
We don’t use your personal information for marketing purposes unless you have given your consent to do so, for example, at the point of collection of the information. If you have consented to marketing but change your mind, you can let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org